11 months ago
My client a major UK retailer seeks to hire a Privacy Counsel to join their multi disciplinary team in London. Reporting to the Head of Privacy & DPO the successful candidate will be responsible for the following.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting a wide range of privacy programs to enhance privacy risk framework across the group.
- Delivering day-to-day privacy advice to a range of stakeholders, non-privacy lawyers and business functions (including the people, technology, marketing, online and procurement teams).
- Providing subject matter expertise on PIAs, supporting on complex SARs, leading on managing personal data incidents, delivering training and awareness.
- Responding to regulatory complaints and investigations.
As a senior member of the team you can expect close partnership and collaboration with the business, a diverse workload, and a brief to innovate, simplify and improve. An ability to build relationships quickly, pro-actively manage workloads and provide practical privacy advice is essential. Some international travel is likely to be required in order to support our business units in the UK, Central Europe and Asia.
- Qualified lawyer
- Experience and interest in Data Privacy
- Strong & expert knowledge in GDPR
- Interest in Digital & Technology
- Strong commercial acumen
- CIPP qualification desirable
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.