We ae working on an exciting opportunity with a world leading technology and professional services company. They are looking for a Privacy Counsel to join their dynamic team, they are headquartered in London, but the role can be fully remote. This role is a great opportunity to tackle some of the most challenging data protection issues arising from cutting-edge uses of data in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with the business and legal teams’ global privacy related matters
- Respond to customer privacy questionnaires and audits
- Work on global privacy activities, projects and strategies
- Support implementation of the global privacy compliance programme
- Draft, develop, implement and maintain privacy policies, practices, notices and guidelines
- Instruct and manage outside counsel on issues of local law and practice
- Design, develop and deliver privacy training programmes
- Review, draft and negotiate privacy clauses in customer and vendor contracts and support the wider legal team
- Support growth of new business opportunities by analysing privacy implications of new products and services and provide guidance on minimising privacy compliance risk
- Conduct privacy impact and risk assessments, audit and monitor privacy compliance
- Monitor privacy developments, regulatory change and best practice
- Perform ad hoc administrative duties in support of privacy programme
- Qualified lawyer
- CIPP/CIPM certification (or equivalent) desirable
- EU Data privacy knowledge and experience
- Experience with commercial contracts drafting, reviewing and negotiation
- Ability to balance legal risks with commercial needs
- Excellent communicator and able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of our organization and within our customers
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Experience to operate within an international environment with a diversity of cultures
- Possess analytical problem solving and project management skills
For further information about this position please apply.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.