bonus and bens
about 1 year ago
My client is seeking a Legal Counsel to join their global legal team. The role will be based in either London or Manchester and will report to a Senior member of the team. As their new Legal Counsel, you will take the lead on privacy and other data-related compliance matters globally, working alongside other members of the legal team and relevant business stakeholders.
- Leading on all aspects of data privacy globally, including GDPR, ePrivacy Directive and relevant national legislation
- Partnering with IT, HR, Marketing and other relevant business stakeholders to provide advice on all data-related matters
- Designing, delivering and monitoring internal training programmes on privacy-related topics
- Developing and strengthening the data compliance strategy, policies, processes and documentation
- Establishing a lifecycle for the review, development, implementation and monitoring of policies and processes to maintain best practice and identifying and mitigating risks
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on the data aspects of a range of contracts, including software licenses, partner agreements, supplier agreements and employment contracts
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements for the supply services and goods, including the procurement of SaaS IT solutions
- Collaborating with regional colleagues in EMEA, the Americas and APAC, and with SMEs in the global legal team, as required to ensure a joined-up approach is taken where appropriate.
- Qualified lawyer
- Significant experience (likely to be 4 years+) of advising on data-related compliance, at least some of which is likely to have been gained in-house, whether through a previous in-house role or secondment
- Detailed working knowledge of data regulatory frameworks, including GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.