If you are an experience derivatives and regulatory lawyer, with a minimum of 7 years PQE, ideally both in private practice and in-house, and have an interest in working in Singapore, then this could be an excellent opportunity to do so. You would be reporting to the Head of Legal and working in their marketing legal team, focusing on derivatives and regulatory matters, whilst also working very closely with compliance.
The role will play a key part in expanding the business area and therefore requires significant knowledge and experience, as well as a commercial approach.
- Experience: Minimum of seven years of PQE practicing advising on commodity trading, commodity derivatives and associated regulatory matters in a well-regarded law firm or corporate legal department. Experienced across a range of jurisdictions, ideally including some or all of the following - Singapore, the EU, the US and Australia.
- License: Entitled to practice in a one of the following jurisdictions: Singapore, the EU, the US or Australia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Principal - Marketing Legal (Regulatory & Derivatives) will act as a key business partner to the global Marketing business and provide legal advice on a wide range of commodity trading, derivatives and regulatory matters globally across all commodities, including in relation to:
- Market conduct and market manipulation laws applying to the group's commodity trading activities, including in the US, EU, Singapore and Australia.
- Licensing and other regulatory requirements applying to global commodity trading and derivatives activities globally.
- Derivatives, paper trading and hedging activities, via both key commodity exchanges and through negotiation and execution of over-the-counter transactions.
- Anti-money laundering laws and risks, and the appropriate control framework in that regard.
- Identification of legal risks in connection with the above, participation in related risk assessments and providing advice on management of those risks.
- Application of relevant state secrets laws in key customer jurisdictions, to the group's marketing and market analysis related activity.
The role will require international travel from time to time
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.