City of London, London
£72000 - £75000 per annum
about 1 year ago
The role will involve:
- Ensuring the Bank and all its UK subsidiaries adhere to the requirements of the UK Companies Acts and that all these companies comply with their Memoranda and Articles of Association.
- Advising senior stakeholders, directors, committee members and others on a wide range of company law, regulatory and governance issues.
- Training directors and members of the senior management team on corporate governance matters.
- Arranging all Board and Audit, Risk & Compliance meetings, including producing the agenda, distribution of all papers, taking minutes, conveying decisions, and handling meeting correspondence.
- Maintain strong communication with the Chairman of the Board, the Chairman of the Audit Risk & Compliance Committee and all Non-Executive Directors to help promote smooth running of the Board and Board Committees with particular focus on forward planning.
- Maintaining and updating the statutory records, ensuring the timely filing of annual returns, financial statements and statutory returns.
- Ensuring that each company's Articles of Association are kept up to date
- Ensuring bank policies are up to date and approved.
- Managing the ongoing assessment of Board performance and effectiveness.
- Maintaining statutory registers.
- Maintaining and updating bank mandates and authorised signatory lists as required.
- Updating and maintaining the Corporate Governance Framework document
- Implementing processes and/or systems to help ensure good management of the organisation or compliance with legislation.
Banking or financial services experience is essential for this role.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.