Working with a Global Telecoms company based in Leeds who are on a journey to improve and deliver a better service to their customers.
Responsible for ensuring deployment plans are aligned well, taking into account things like attrition, weather or other impacts - looking at issues that are arising, impacts that will increase work. They are looking for individuals who are able to see beyond BAU, understanding changes that are impacting business needs, helping to deliver thought leadership.
Area of business
- The business has circa 18,000 engineers - this workforce makes up a third of the business and is also union led and heavily regulated - they are what the business refers to as front line. They have circa 60,000 jobs a day nationally.
- This team are responsible for allocating the work for the engineers and this role will work closely with the Area Managers who the engineers will report to.
- Role will be responsible for ensuring deployment plans are aligned well, taking into account things like attrition, weather or other impacts - looking at issues that are arising - impacts that will increase work
- Role reports to the Operational Planning Lead.
- 50% of the role will focus on staff management - making them more accountable, development of their skills - getting people that have been working in one way to change their way of thinking and adopt a more accountability led way of working - not hiding behind anyone else. Getting the team to be more accountable through KPI and management/development in general.
- 30% will focus on "telling a story" by understanding/examining the data - working with spreadsheets etc to influence the area managers / internal key stakeholders - this will also be about seeing beyond BAU - will look at data as part of their role, understand changes that are impacting business needs, helping to deliver thought leadership - things like what the data is saying, in the planning role looking at value add through data, better engagement, better resourcing - taking into consideration peaks and down times for example.
Register your interest by clicking apply now for a confidential chat!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.