New York, USA
US$50 - US$55 per hour
7 months ago
Temp to Hire
Position Title: Operational Due Diligence Research Analyst
Reports to: Director of Research
Status: Temp to Hire
*This is a temp-to-hire position. The candidate will be eligible for full-time employment after an evaluation of the temporary period.
A. Purpose and Scope
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, initial and ongoing investment manager operational due diligence.
B. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform operational due diligence reviews for investments in hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, fund-of-funds vehicles, and traditional long-only managers
- Review and analyze core manager documents, including offering documents, financial statements, policies and procedures, questionnaires, and marketing materials
- Perform regulatory and compliance verification checks and document reviews (etc.)
- On an on-going basis review key fund documentation and reports from third-party research providers
- Assess trade processes, risk management, compliance, and business continuity planning
- Assess the strength of the organization and its ability to mitigate operational risk
- Draft reports for the firm's research team, which involves extensive writing
- Reach out to third-party service providers to confirm the relationships and assess their institutional quality
- Assist in developing and updating research reports related to operational aspects of multiple managers
- Create standardized structured reports for each investment, including reviews of key areas of the operations
- Review several critical areas, including, but not limited to, human capital assessments, conflicts of interest, trading and/or transactional workflow processes, accounting and valuation, technology environment, cyber-security, and compliance policies and procedures
- Review the audited financial statements for all managers currently employed by clients and firms that we are considering recommending
- Provide a significant contribution to the development of the process and participate in its implementation by reviewing manager documents and conducting onsite reviews
- Must attend Annual Awareness Training (Interactive Sexual Harassment Training as mandated by New York State and New York City)
- 2 to 4 years of similar or related experience (operational due diligence)
- Must be familiar with investments in hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, fund-of-funds vehicles, and traditional long-only managers
- Accounting/ finance/economics background
- Minimum of bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests for information, while ensuring integrity, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data
- Ability to work both independently and in a team under tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills - expertise in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Bloomberg (desired) and Database skills (desired)
- Detail-oriented, analytical, adept at problem solving
- Knowledge of how businesses operate
- Collaborative and adaptative
- Willingness to continually learn and grow skillset
D. Working Environment/Conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.