Mid-level Solicitor – Energy & Resources
Our client, a top-tier global law firm is seeking a mid-level Solicitor to join their award-winning Corporate Energy & Infrastructure team in Sydney.
The team advise on their clients’ most important commercial transactions, including significant cross-border mergers and acquisitions, ground-breaking projects and privatisations.
In this role, your day could typically involve:
- Advising on mergers & acquisitions in the energy and infrastructure sector (including electricity, renewables, hydrogen, gas, road, rail, ports and airports, water and digital infrastructure).
- Advising proponents on some of Australia’s largest infrastructure development projects (including renewable energy projects, electricity interconnectors, roads and rail rolling stock).
- Advising governments on significant market reforms (including the NSW Government on implementation of its Electricity Roadmap).
- A mix of advice, commercial drafting and transaction work.
- Working closely with team members in Australia and worldwide on transactions and projects throughout Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Mentoring graduates in the team, and assisting with providing training to juniors both in the team and across the firm
Our client’s Energy and Infrastructure group are ranked as a Tier 1 (Legal 500) and ranked Band 1 (Chambers Asia Pacific).
The firm’s Energy and Infrastructure practice has been awarded Team of the Year by Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards (2000), Energy, Resources and Utilities Team of the Year (2020) by Merger Market Australian Law Awards and Australian Energy Team of the Year 2019 by AFR Best Lawyers.
- Flexible working at all levels
- Option to buy more annual leave
- Competitive salary
- 26 weeks of paid parental leave
- Health and wellbeing programs
- At least 2 years of post-qualification experience from a top-tier, mid-tier or reputable boutique law firm in Australia.
- Excellent academics
If this sounds like an opportunity that you’d like to discuss, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.