Taylor Root is seeking an experienced paralegal to joining a leading consumer magazine and digital publisher, home to over 50 iconic brands.
Alongside a team of 3 other lawyers, the Paralegal will assist the Business and Legal Affairs team in the delivery of high quality, commercially focused legal services. This is a general commercial role advising across all of the business functions (digital, TV, print, marketing, data, technology) with the opportunity to gain experience in a very broad range of matters. On a day to day basis your role will include:
- Drafting standard commercial contracts;
- Advising on a broad range of marketing matters;
- Managing and responding to copyright infringement claims;
- Maintaining precedents to reflect new laws and practices;
- Coordinating and maintaining company secretarial work;
- Liaising with external trade mark lawyers in overseeing the trade mark portfolio, including trade mark renewals, filings and oppositions;
- Assisting the Legal team with litigation e.g. compiling documents, drafting responses;
- Circulating IPSO notifications to the Editorial teams and liaising with the external clearance lawyer;
- Process legal invoices, track legal team expenditure, manage contract filing and oversee general administration across the legal team.
The successful candidate at least a years' experience of commercial law ideally but not exclusively gained in a similar industry.
To discuss this in more detail please send a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.