£400 - £469 per day
PCH - Quant Risk_1587546968
about 1 year ago
My client, a top tier financial institution is looking for Market Risk Quantitative Analyst (Python) contractors to join their team. This role is part of the first line risk team for Rates products. This is a 6 months rolling PAYE day rate contract based in London.
The candidate is required to be experienced in delivering business change within the Investment banking sector. The candidate is expected to have knowledge and practical experience of market risk concepts, e.g. Market Data (curves and volatility surfaces), Pricing and Sensitivities. The candidate is proficient with either Python/C++/Java and Jenkins and has a strong understanding of the valuation and product specification for instrument traded in the Interest Rate Derivatives market.
The candidate will assist in the full project lifecycle, from interpreting business requirements and functional design, performing unit and functional testing, and issue resolution. The candidate must have at least 2 years experience in the Risk Change space implementing risk functionality and new products, preferably in Murex.
Your responsibility include development and maintenance of high quality pricing models and a comprehensive risk management framework to ensure the service calls adequate levels of margin. The role will involve close liaison with the wider Risk management teams, Technology, Operations and other internal/external groups on a regular basis.
New product implementation
- Assist in successful functional implementation and testing. Provide the necessary oversight and support. Lead discussion of and challenge, where necessary, business and technical decisions.
- Ensure cohesiveness and delivery of functional, system and UAT testing. Own issues and their resolution. Escalate appropriately both internally and externally to ensure projects and the programme are efficient and on track.
- Close liaison with other members of the project team, keeping them updated on testing progress and planning for success.
- Timely and accurate analysis of risk issues.
- Contribute to improvements in existing risk management techniques and processes through the application of advanced quantitative methods.
- Challenge the status quo and identify and implement cross functional efficiencies (new products etc) to speed up and reduce the cost of future projects and programmes.
- Represent Risk Implementation at working groups as appropriate; demonstrate sound judgement and decision making. Set agendas where necessary and define key objectives and deliverables.
- Advise and guide senior members of business silos making recommendations regarding approach, practicalities of implementation, process improvement and automation.
- In-depth financial markets and products experience, either within risk management, product control or middle office environment within an investment bank or similar.
- Knowledge of interest rate and/or credit products (ideally both), including experience in pricing, risk management and analysis.
- Experience of product development lifecycle.
- Excellent conceptual / technical knowledge of financial risk management techniques, in particular relating to interest rate products.
- Excellent numerical competency.
- Effective critical analysis and reasoning skills.
- Effective and confident communicator (written and oral).
- Ability to work autonomously on individual projects.
- Advanced Excel and programming competency, in particular VBA, SQL, Python
- Highly numerate with a degree in quantitative finance, mathematics, economics or science-related disciplines, preferably at least Masters level.
For more details, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.