£70000 - £84000 per annum + bonus, benefits, pension
PCH - Quant Risk_1580142350
6 months ago
My client, a top tier financial institution is looking for a Market Risk Senior Associate (Model Validation Quant Analyst) based in London.
- Perform independent validations of the initial margin models, pricing models, credit rating models, stress test scenarios, liquidity risk framework, collateral haircuts, other 'Risk not in VaR' models and related risk procedures
- The scope of validations covers cross asset class in London and includes equity, rates, and foreign exchange asset classes
- The validations are expected to meet both the internal (Board approved) and external (Regulatory) standards and criteria
- Each model validation is presented annually to the Risk Committee of the Board highlighting any model weakness and corresponding remedial actions
- The role requires regular internal interaction with the CROs, Heads of Market and Credit Risk and Heads of Business Lines. The role also involves liaison with regulators and internal audit
- Finally given the nature of the risk models and range of products there is a high degree of quantitative testing and analysis required
- 4-5 years+ working experience in financial services, optimally in a Risk department at an Investment Bank or financial institution or a Consultancy servicing an Investment Bank (or financial institution) where the work was directly related to model design and testing, model validation and / or model risk management.
- Postgraduate degree in Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Finance
- Practical knowledge of at least one of the following languages: R /Python /SQL /C++
- Highly motivated, organised and able to work independently
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be able to challenge the business and manage conflict in a responsible and professional manner
- Has the ability to articulate, in a clear and precise manner, the identified weaknesses of the model. This will include the description, severity and remediation plan of the weakness
- Team player: the candidate should be collaborative, and enjoy working with different teams and stakeholders. The candidate should be comfortable with sharing ideas/information freely within the wider team of Group Risk
For more details, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.