My client, a top tier financial institution is looking for a Market Risk Business Analyst to join their first line risk team based in Paris. This role will cover all the impacts of these business within first line risk or regulatory projects on the risk framework and its implementation.
- Projects on Cash equity and listed derivatives business line and impacting risks framework
- Assist the Risk Change manager on cross functional subjects
- Show autonomy and initiative on its area of responsibility
- Gather information and understand the functional requirements on risk aspects on cash equity and listed derivatives market
- Make sure that all these requirements are suitable and in line with risks systems
- Identify any risk impacts all along the project life and at launch time
- Involvement in analysis and designs of risk solutions
- Draft / Write requirements on risk part when necessary
- Participate and be pro-active during working group sessions
- Anticipate and inform the Risk Change manager of any important problem or risk regarding the projects in progress and especially when it could lead to a possible impact on the risk framework, risk monitoring, default management, operational control or general project planning
- Validate and/or get involve in the validation process of detailed functional specifications -depending on projects and impacts of these projects on the service;
- Write or be involved in test plans and test cases conception as well as potentially execute them if necessary - depending on projects and impacts of these project on the service
- Involvement in the launch strategy conception if required;
- Be the functional support - if necessary - for the conception of the internal or external communication in close relation with the service, direction and business line
- Train/inform the FLR monitoring team on all evolutions related to systems or projects that could affect them.
- Knowledge in market risk with experience of more than 5/8 years
- Ability to understand algorithm of risk calculation on both Cash and Listed derivatives market (financial mathematics fundamentals are highly recommended)
- Theoretical knowledge of derivatives products is also recommended (general principles of option pricing models, Delta, Gamma, Vega, sensitivity fundamentals…)
- Experience in projects including VAR methodology
- Ability to openly and efficiently communicate within the team and, in a cross functional way, with the other teams, intern or extern to the department
- Experience in projects, either in testing or as Business Analyst in the financial industry
- Professional and responsible behavior (attendance, rigor, constancy) with strong organizational skills, in order to quickly become independent and assist the team manager
- Ability to find solutions and anticipate any problems.
- English skills speaking and writing (professional levels)
- Skills in development / implementation using SAS and/or VBA (or at least SAS) to be comfortable with information system and be able to implement new tools/prototype for risk calculation programs.
- Skills in development / implementation using PYTHON and R.
Please send your CV to email@example.com in subject quote "Paris Risk BA"
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.