Our Client is one of the leading energy suppliers in the UK and this is a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced lawyer, with management experience, looking to work in an exciting and dynamic business, focusing on energy generation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to take the next step in their legal career. You should be a minimum of 7 PQE with extensive experience in construction law and ideally have management experience or are looking to gain this, as you will be directly managing a team of four lawyers and you will be supporting the Legal Director on a range of matters.
You will also be responsible for leading key strategic projects at the request of the Legal Director and leading the review, drafting and negotiation of contracts, which are significant to the business in terms of value, complexity and/or potential liability.
Other key skills and qualifications include:
- Qualified solicitor admitted in England and Wales or Scotland.
- Significant post qualification experience as a solicitor, with in-depth knowledge of the Energy sector and experience of supporting commercial contracts in a regulatory environment.
- Detailed understanding of the energy industry and understanding of key legal risks/requirements of generation assets like those in Generation, namely coal fired power station, CCGT, gas storage facility, renewables and nuclear power stations.
- Significant understanding of key corporate risk areas such as competition law, data protection and nuclear specific challenges such as nuclear liability.
- Experience of delivering a pro-active business focused service that identifies and mitigates risk.
- Strong commercial acumen that can identify risk, risk mitigations and prevent suitable options to the business balancing risk and reward.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.