One of the leading professional consultancy firms is looking to take on an Assistant Solicitor to manage disputes with the business, as well as providing commercial and project support.
You will take responsibility for:
- Supporting and providing advice and guidance for the internal business;
- Managing own caseload of litigated and non-litigated disputes. This involves investigations to ascertain material facts, analysis of liability and quantum, formulating a resolution strategy, preparing formal responses and settling claims as appropriate in accordance with internal requirements;
- Working alongside Compliance and Data Protection in relation to data protection matters;
- Attending settlement conferences and mediations when required;
- Assisting with the drafting of commercial and contentious contractual documents.
This is therefore a great opportunity to get hands-on exposure to a range of litigious and non-litigious disputes. As such you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Solid experience working as a qualified lawyer in claims handling/dispute resolution;
- Experience working in a law firm, financial services, insurance or professional services environment.
If you are interested. Please apply online, or get in touch with Tom Evans of Taylor Root at TomEvans@taylorroot.com.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.