Litigation 3-6yr PQE
Number 1 Magic Circle litigation team are looking to hire a stand out associate.
We handle a broad range of work in L&DR across the following areas:
- Litigation – advising top UK and international corporations, banks and financial institutions on a wide range of complex, often cross border, disputes, including M&A disputes, banking litigation, group litigation, aircraft finance disputes and antitrust litigation.
- Financial services enforcement – handling all aspects of criminal and enforcement matters, including advising clients on how to avoid the substantial risks that investigations and prosecutions pose, representing clients before regulatory and self-regulatory bodies and defending clients in investigations and in the courtroom in both civil and criminal trials.
- Compliance – We assist corporations with financial crime compliance matters in relation to sanctions, money laundering and bribery.
- Regulatory investigations – supporting and advising on investigations and disciplinary proceedings by regulatory authorities.
- Arbitration / international trade / public international law – representing corporates, financial institutions, states and international organisations in international commercial and investment treaty arbitration, and inter-state disputes. Advising on matters of public international law and international trade law.
- Insurance – representing insurance policyholders on insurance coverage disputes and advising them on policy and the use of insurance to support projects and transactions, with a particular focus on credit, political risk, title, property, business interruption and liability insurance. Also representing major insurers and other clients in disputes and contentious regulatory matters.
What you will do
You will be an outstanding lawyer with relevant post qualification experience to join our team. You will have worked within contentious UK and international commercial matters, looking to join our multi-disciplined team. You will currently be practising commercial litigation at a top-rank practice and have an outstanding academic track record.
We are looking for lawyers who have developed exceptional written and oral communication skills advising clients, with plenty of case handling ability leading a team and/or working as a number 2 in a larger team. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills and be comfortable researching and applying complex areas of law.
We would also expect to see a mature approach to client business development with perhaps a handful of close client relationships with contacts at the same level of PQE as you. Fundamentally, we are looking for someone who is exceptionally driven, on a steep upward trajectory at their present firm and looking to move to an even more demanding and stimulating challenge.
- A mid-level lawyer who has outstanding experience of UK and international disputes.
- You will have extensive working knowledge of issues arising across all areas of commercial litigation.
- You will have experience acting for corporations, banks and/or financial institutions.
- In all cases you will have first class demonstrable legal ability coupled with practical commercial awareness and extensive negotiations skills.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.