Sydney, New South Wales
6 months ago
This business is a leading property group with investment, development, and operation of properties in major property hubs globally.
This role represents an exciting opportunity for a Legal Counsel to join a highly regarded business and assist the senior executive stakeholders with ongoing property transactions and building and construction related contractual matters. Working alongside the Senior Legal Counsel in Sydney and the Managing Director of the business.
As Legal Counsel in the team, you will focus on providing legal advice and managing external legal providers, overseeing the legal function for all aspects of the business including supporting the property acquisitions team on new projects and existing projects in relation to planning, development, construction, titling, financing, and sales. To be successful in this position, you will have a friendly and approachable personality to be able to communicate effectively with the wider business.
- Attending to legal documentation, risk management, dispute prevention and management and other matters to implement current and future projects.
- You will be responsible for reviewing, negotiating, and finalising transaction documents for property acquisitions and providing general support and advice to management in the evaluation, negotiation, documentation, structuring, and risk review of new projects.
- Management of sales contracts with purchasers (through external legal providers), liaison with internal project teams and providing instruction for amendments to sale contracts.
- Reviewing, negotiating, and finalising building contracts and other construction related documentation.
- Reviewing and advising on consultant procurement contracts.
- Managing ongoing compliance requirements including FIRB, licensing and registrations and monitoring changes and developments in the legal and regulatory environment.
- An experienced real estate development lawyer with circa 5 years post-admission experience is required within a major law firm and ideally with experience in the residential development sector.
- In-house experience will be looked upon favourably but is not essential.
- Strong background in real estate and/or construction law and be able to advise on residential, mixed use and master planned projects. Some understanding or experience in FIRB and indirect tax, planning law and financing deals will be beneficial.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills.
- Admission as a solicitor in New South Wales or Victoria (or comparable jurisdiction) with an unrestricted practising certificate is required.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV to email@example.com or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.