Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10 months ago
LEGAL COUNSEL, PROJECTS AND CORPORATE, DUBAI
CLIENT: This Dubai based client is expanding its capabilities with the need to add to their legal team. Work is increasing and whilst they continue to rely on outside counsel support, the timing is right for them to grow internally. They typically handle large scale infrastructure projects and whilst that is transactional in nature, the growth of the company is also leading to a steady flow of smaller, more commercial work too. On that basis they are now seeking to hire a junior lawyer of around 1-4 PQE.
ROLE: You will be based in Dubai, although the work would be across the Middle East. Working closely with a General Counsel you will support them and a small team on everything from projects, to construction, project finance, disputes and general commercial matters.
CANDIDATE: There are some key criteria for the role:
- Candidates should be western qualified from a good law firm or in-house environment.
- An ideal PQE would be around 1-4 PQE.
- A background in energy, projects and construction would be very beneficial.
- That said, candidates from particularly strong backgrounds in other practice areas may be considered, so long as you're willing to learn and grow.
- Ideally you would be based in Dubai already though very strong candidates may also be considered from overseas.
Unique opportunity for a junior in a tough market, giving you the chance to learn on the job and get very stuck into the commercial side of the business.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.