LEGAL COUNSEL, OIL AND GAS, UAE
CLIENT: Energy sector work continues to be a significant part of the Middle East economy and relatively stable commodity prices are allowing well placed companies to expand and invest. This particular client has a interesting portfolio of work and is seeking a new Legal Counsel.
ROLE: As the most junior member of the team, you will be exposed to a wide variety of work covering the O&G sector, handling corporate, commercial, projects and disputes matters. With other team members handling internationally focussed work, your main remit will likely be (at least to start with) domestic issues, with room for expansion later.
CANDIDATE: There are some essential criteria for the role:
- Distinct experience in the O&G sector, either from a law firm or in-house would be ideal
- More general corporate and commercial skill sets can also be considered
- A common law qualification is preferable, as well as experience in an international standard law firm or recognised large corporate entity
- A willingness to move to the UAE, or ideally be already based here
- 2-4 PQE
- Arabic language skills would be valuable but not essential
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region (and beyond). To have a full overview of all the roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.