Dubai, United Arab Emirates
about 1 month ago
LEGAL COUNSEL, MID LEVEL ROLE, MAJOR CORPORATE, DUBAI
We work very closely with this Dubai based client, and have helped them build a new legal department over the last 5 years. With a reputation for quality of work and an excellent team, they are now seeking another lawyer.
ROLE: The position will sit in a small to medium sized group and the flow of work and level of responsibility will be strong. You will report directly to the General Counsel and work under other seniors, handling large scale corporate M&A, re-structuring, capital markets, regulatory, compliance and corporate governance, as well as a breadth of general commercial and assorted matters. Deal flow (both regional and international) will be regular and keep you interested at all times. The nature and size of the transactions will likely be comparable or equal to any law firm work you will find in the region.
CANDIDATE: There are some guideline criteria for the role:
- You'll need a PQE of between 3-6 in order to fit best into the team structure.
- Ideal candidates will come from a corporate and commercial background.
- Other core practice areas may also be considered such as finance.
- Any additional in-house work will be valued, especially if it has broadened out your experience into governance, finance, real estate or restructuring.
- The most important attribute is that you've been trained and qualified through a strong law firm route (preferably a well recognised US / UK firm).
- Due to the need for local market exposure, the role can only consider UAE based candidates.
This is an superb role and organisation, please do get in touch to discuss the role and receive a detailed job description.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.