Dubai, United Arab Emirates
7 months ago
LEGAL COUNSEL, INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND COMMODITIES, DUBAI
CLIENT: We are working with a niche global commodities trading company, with multiple offices spanning Europe and Asia. They are now looking for a Legal Counsel to add to a small team, and assist with a wide variety of work.
ROLE: You will support the General Counsel and the wider business teams on new projects and transactions, international commodity dealings (including both crude and refined products), as well as conforming with laws and regulations. The role will encompass a blend of running deals, whilst ensuring compliance, regulatory and corporate governance requirements are met to international standards. The role will be based in Dubai.
CANDIDATE: There are some key criteria to consider, in terms of needs:
- Civil or common law qualified, with a preference towards UK / US.
- 5+ PQE with a top education and law firm or recognised in-house training.
- Experience or training from a developed financial market such as the US, Europe or APAC.
- Industry exposure, or client exposure to either oil and gas, or energy commodities trading, and preferably both.
- Strong candidates from outside the region are invited to apply, but those already in the UAE would be preferred.
- Senior candidates are also invited to apply, so long as the skill set fit is right.
This is a perfect role for a law mid-level associate who is looking to get into the area of energy and international trade. More senior candidates either from a law firm or in-house, are also invited to apply.
There have only ever been a handful of such organisations with high standard legal teams in Dubai, this is one of them. Amazing growth plans and opportunities are in place.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.