Legal Counsel – HES International
Contributing to the world of tomorrow, that’s what we do at HES. Are you ready to join our international team that manages our European network out of our Rotterdam office? And drive our portfolio further through the energy transition?
With our wide range of terminals, HES International is one of Europe’s largest independent bulk handling companies for liquid and dry bulk products. Whatever your background is, our group has a world full of opportunities to offer. By combining knowledge and experience we can take you and HES further, ensuring that we both can continue to develop and contribute to the world of tomorrow.
About the role:
As Legal Counsel you will join a team of 4 highly skilled, educated and motivated professionals working at our Head Office level. The team consist of 1 General Counsel, 2 Legal Counsels and 1 Legal Support Officer. As a team, you are trusted advisors for all legal matters throughout the entire HES International group. Working in a highly autonomous setting with a set of responsibilities and opportunities in line with our growth strategy, specifically in the energy transition domain.
The main focus for you as Legal Counsel will be on;
– Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, procurement contracts, NDA’s and general terms and conditions.
– Interpreting complex international laws and translate them to a practical manual for our colleagues at the terminal.
– Proactively advising on all legal matters at both terminal and management level. As a legal expert, you get the message across in a convincing and collaborating way. You always keep the commercial interests of HES International in mind and you check if your (legal) decisions are in line with (practical) reality.
With the opportunity to diversify your work in taking on projects related to risk management, compliance, claims, insurance, permits, employment and all other legal matters company wide.
This is a great opportunity for a lawyer willing to put theoretical knowledge into practical use, who is curious to see what impact legal decisions have when put into practice. Or a Legal Counsel looking for a more diverse set of responsibilities in an entrepreneurial setting.
To understand the unique needs of different audiences (such as Management Board, shareholders, finance colleagues, HSSE colleagues, commercial colleagues and our colleagues at the terminals, as well as external stakeholders, authorities, customers and third party service providers) effective communication is key.
Besides that, you are;
– A qualified legal professional with approximately 5 years of work experience as a lawyer or as a Legal Counsel.
– Business fluent in English and in Dutch.Motivated to further develop your professional and personal skillset.
What do we have to offer?
A dynamic role with the opportunity to create your own projects in an entrepreneurial setting. How that works, Chris will tell you in short:
“As Legal Counsel, my work consists of a broad spectrum of legal affairs. Because of the fast changing environment and because our legal team operates in all legal matters at all levels throughout the entire HES International group, there is a new challenge every day. With an involvement in companywide decisions that go beyond just the theoretical knowledge.”
* Work from our head office in the center of Rotterdam, just opposite the Rotterdam central Station, where we are situated at the 20th floor and have a beautiful view over Rotterdam.
* Have the opportunity to develop a broad (legal) skill set and acquire first-hand experience working in a company in transformation in a private equity setting.
* A dynamic working environment where people interact with each other in a personal and direct way.
* An attractive bonus structure, public transport card, phone and laptop.
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an external recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.