about 1 year ago
This is a great opportunity for a commercial lawyer with either commercial pharmaceutical or procurement experience to work as Legal Counsel for a global healthcare company.
You will act as a lawyer to support which sources generic pharmaceuticals that are sold in the US market for its member companies.
You are required to provide day-to-day legal advice and support to all areas of the business which includes the provision of general legal advice and guidance on compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, internal policies, contract interpretation, contract negotiations, and legal strategies for litigation and other legal activities.
Contract types may include, without limitation, pharmaceutical sourcing agreements and amendments, RFP terms and conditions, confidentiality agreements, software license agreements, business process outsourcing agreements, and data processing agreements. You will be able to work independently and assess when to seek guidance of the Senior Counsel.
- Provide legal support to the business.
- Draft and prepare various contracts, amendments and standard terms and conditions for generic procurement, and provide guidance on contract standards.
- Participate in contract negotiations and communicate with generic pharmaceutical suppliers on contract issues, proposals and disputes.
- Work closely with the Contract Compliance Team and members' contract management teams to identify, analyse and resolve legal and business process issues and make appropriate recommendations.
- Identify and analyse legal and business risk, appropriately identifying required escalations, and assisting Senior Counsel in escalations.
- Monitor compliance and work with the Compliance Officer and Senior Counsel to operationalize internal policies and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate the implementation of purchase arrangements by the Group's generics purchasing teams in the US.
- Coordinate with law firms and external service providers if required.
- Monitor applicable legal and policy developments that may impact the partnership, including, but not limited to, developments in the US pharmaceutical industry.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for process and automation enhancements.
- Provide ad hoc legal support to the partnership as required, including the review of IT agreements, service agreements, license agreements and intercompany documentation.
- U.K. Solicitor or Barrister with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Legal experience in a corporate legal department or law firm reviewing and revising complex commercial contracts.
- Experience working in a healthcare regulatory environment, with pharmaceutical procurement experience preferred.
- Proficient in Office 365, including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Drive to identify areas of service improvement and growth
- Excellent contract drafting and strong attention to detail and process.
- Aptitude to manage simultaneous projects in an efficient and timely manner and an ability to adapt quickly to business needs and changing timelines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a collegial environment.
- Ability to own specific matters or projects from beginning to end with oversight of Senior Counsel.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.