about 1 year ago
- Newly created role
- Play a significant role as part of a growing regional business
The company is a global player in the O&G industry, and Singapore is a key hub as their regional APAC headquarters. The group invests across the energy value chain and offers a full range of services. An exceptional opportunity is available for an experienced corporate energy lawyer to join them as regional counsel.
As sole counsel, you will be expected to work independently and be involved in advising on Legal and Compliance issues arising from the business spanning across the entire Asia Pacific region and beyond.
You are an experienced energy lawyer with at least 5-7 years' experience and have worked at a top-tier law firm and/or in an in-house legal role within the energy & commodities industry.
- Assist with a broad spectrum of legal matters within the business, with a particular focus in the Asia Pacific region.
- Advise on a wide variety of transactions for clients of the Group in the oil & gas sector, as well as broader energy and infrastructure industries. This includes strategic investments, joint ventures, project development, and M&A transactions.
- Provide pragmatic and commercially focused legal advice and guidance regarding legal issues and risks in corporate contracts;
- Advise on legal matters and projects; working closely with senior members of the legal team and other internal stakeholders and providing strategic guidance to the business, especially the commercial teams and energy and resources team to support the Company's activities in the Asia Pacific Region.
- Assist with due diligence on new assets which the Group may wish to acquire and which involve the provision of services and / or co-investment
- Liaise and maintain good relationships and networks with external counsel across the APAC region.
- Qualified in a common law jurisdiction with at least 5-7+ years' PQE experience respected oil & gas practice whether in-house and/or in private practice.
- Knowledge and substantial energy experience, with a particular focus on corporate transactions.
- Ability to manage and prioritize heavy and variable workload
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.