Legal Counsel (Employment) – 12 month FTC – 2+ PQE
LEGAL COUNSEL (EMPLOYMENT) – MANCHESTER/REMOTE – 12 Month FTC
We are working with a global financial services business who are looking to recruit a 2+ PQE employment lawyer to join their team in Manchester, on a 12 month fixed term contract basis. .
As part of your role you will be responsible for:
* Being responsible for advice and counsel on: recruiting talent; drafting employment contracts; enforceability of restrictive covenants and other legal obligations relevant to departing employees or new hires; practical issues arising in connection with a TUPE transfer; disciplinary action; disability and other discrimination matters; terminations of employment, including redundancies (both individual and collective); and managing external counsel on Employment Tribunal claims;
* Proactively identifying risk issues and/or potential process improvements, then recommending solutions;
* Reviewing bonus and other remuneration plans and drafting any necessary amendments;
* Providing training on employment law to the HR function;
* Advising the HR function on responding to grievances which appear likely to result in legal disputes;
* Assisting the HR function on employment law issues arising on the relocation of employees into or out of the United Kingdom;
* Working with external counsel (especially on transactional or litigation matters), demonstrating appropriate management of cost.
* Qualified as a solicitor or barrister with 2+ PQE in employment law, in the UK. You can be qualified in another jurisdiction but it is essential you have UK employment law experience.
* The ability to provide practical, timely solutions to business partners;
* Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise accordingly;
* Experience in providing advice on enforceability of restrictive covenants and handbook / policy matters;
* The ability to advise on legal issues and deal with senior stakeholders;
This role offers a competitive salary, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through flexible benefits, you also can choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.