Sydney, New South Wales
over 1 year ago
Headquartered in Sydney, our client has a new opportunity for a talented commercial lawyer to join the team. Working in a small team you will provide expert legal advice across a spectrum of commercial activities to enable the business to achieve its strategic objectives within appropriate risk parameters whilst ensuring compliance with relevant legal obligations and requirements.
Reporting to the General Counsel your key responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and finalising a broad range of contracts, tenders and commercial transactions.
- Advising on day-to-day issues including compliance with relevant legislation, issues arising from new initiatives, and customer relationship issues.
- Assisting with corporate transactions.
- Proactively driving a compliance culture throughout the organisation, including developing, providing and managing training and compliance programs to promote understanding of the organisation's legal rights, risks and obligations.
- Reviewing external correspondence, training materials, marketing collateral, advertising and other material to ensure the organisation minimizes and mitigates its exposure to legal liabilities and claims.
- Researching legislation affecting the organization and ensuring that relevant business units are informed of new or proposed legislation, case law and policy.
To be successful in this role you'll bring the following skills and experience:
- 3-7 years' PQE, ideally made up of private practice and in-house experience.
- Excellent communication skills and legal drafting skills.
- Risk assessment and risk mitigation skills
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to translate legal requirements into pragmatic, commercial solutions.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong stakeholder engagement with both internal and external stakeholders.
- High attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity to step in-house and made an immediate impact. If you'd like to learn more please send your CV to Yvonne Tucker firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of the The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.