A standout in-house counsel career opportunity to join a major Australian business within a substantial legal team environment.
A vital Legal Counsel position with strong career progression opportunities to join the in-house legal team in Sydney. Our client is looking for a construction/infrastructure lawyer to support a range of key stakeholders in the business.
You will be a construction lawyer with strong contract review, negotiation and drafting experience, giving advice and support to relevant senior stakeholders. You will have trained and gained experience in a major construction/projects team in a top-tier or mid-tier law firm. Ideally you will have gained subsequent in-house experience where you will have been a key point of contact for legal advice and worked unsupervised with the ability to identify business risk in a variety of commercial situations. Your communication skills will be exceptional.
- Review and negotiation of contracts and associated documentation for major infrastructure projects.
- Identify key project, commercial and legal risks and propose solutions to project teams.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders on all aspects of project work and develop key relationships.
- Engage with and manage appropriately external counsel.
- The successful candidate will have 5-8 year post-admission experience within front end construction matters gained from a mid-tier, top-tier law firm and in-house team.
- Experience of building key stakeholder relationships.
- A team player that can also work on own initiative and autonomously.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV (in word format) to email@example.com or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.