2 months ago
A legal career-expanding opportunity to join a major construction and engineering business dedicated to delivering some of the world's most ambitious projects across the building, infrastructure, and renewable energy markets.
A rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Legal Counsel to work in a major project environment with construction and commercial experience. Strong career progression opportunities to join the legal project team in Sydney. This market leader is looking for a construction/projects lawyer to support a range of key stakeholders on a range of project work.
You will be a construction/projects lawyer with a mix of strong negotiation and advisory experience, as well dispute resolution experience. You will provide advice and support to relevant senior stakeholders.
You will have gained at least 5 years experience in a major construction/projects team in a top-tier or mid-tier law firm and ideally, you will have gained subsequent in-house legal experience where you will have been a key point of contact for legal advice on both contentious and non-contentious matters. You will possess the ability to identify business risk in a variety of commercial situations. Your communication skills will be exceptional.
Your role will involve both 'back end' legal work across a range of major civil, building, and renewable energy projects and front-end tender reviews and contract negotiations. You will also be required to support health and safety, regulatory, corporate and compliance activities as they arise.
- Management of a variety of disputes within a major project and construction environment.
- Drafting and negotiation of all supply agreements, subcontracts, consultancy agreements and a range of other supply chain arrangements.
- Addressing stakeholder complaints escalated to the legal team.
- Managing and advising the project team on environmental, planning and safety issues.
- Dispute resolution.
- Significant front-end and back-end experience in the Australian market with a minimum 5 years post-admission experience.
- A calm, approachable, pragmatic, and professional manner.
- Quality experience (in private practice and in-house).
- An ability to understand the bigger picture and to prioritise and provide pragmatic and timely legal advice within a complex commercial and operational setting.
- Clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills.
- Advanced negotiation and drafting skills.
- An understanding of issues relevant to construction, including construction and engineering processes, WH&S, insurances.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV to Olivia Courtney by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0292369000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.