about 1 month ago
A leading Professional Services Organisation is looking to appoint a Legal Counsel, specialising in Professional Negligence Litigation, for a 9-month Contract Based in London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leader and to be a key player in the legal team.
You will manage risk matters to ensure successful outcomes are achieved, PI Insurers notified when appropriate, and losses are minimised.
Duties will include:
- Advise on and manage practice protection issues arising from the business including complaints, regulatory and professional investigations, access to papers and documents
- Provide advice on legal issues arising from the business including contractual terms, exceptions to policy and other queries
- Provide proactive guidance on key risk issues where needed, such as changes in law and regulation affecting the business
- Support senior members of the legal team on Practice Protection, Reactive Advisory and Proactive Advisory activities.
- Special projects as determined by the Head of Legal.
You will have trained and qualified at a reputable Law Firm or In-House organisation and have a minimum of 3 years' PQE. You will have solid experience in professional negligence litigation for accountants (preferably on the defence side), and must be confident negotiating with clients, regulators and other lawyers. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with a degree of independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture. You must have the flexibility and drive to support a multi-disciplinary team with a solutions based attitude.
If this role is of interest, please apply now!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.