over 1 year ago
A truly global business with offices in the APAC region and beyond. A diversified group across manufacturing, products, and services.
An exciting opportunity for a Legal Counsel to become an integral member of the APAC legal team operating out of Sydney reporting into the Group General Counsel but with the ability to work remotely in Australia. An opportunity to grow with an expanding business working on complex international corporate and commercial transactions and general commercial matters.
You will have the ability to work in a collaborative manner with a background in general corporate/commercial transactions, corporate advisory, and corporate governance.
A lawyer with strong relationship building qualities as well as advisory experience, giving advice and support to relevant senior stakeholders. You will have at least 5 years' experience in a corporate/commercial position from within a top-tier or mid-tier law firm and/or in-house legal experience where you will have been a key point of contact for legal advice.
- Assist the Group General Counsel for APAC with a broad range of matters across the region.
- Providing general corporate legal advice to the business including legal, corporate governance, regulatory, compliance, transactional projects, and company secretarial.
- Assist with regional implementation, of policies and procedures.
- Advising on privacy compliance and working with the business to maintain operational procedures.
- Significant corporate/commercial advisory and transactional experience. A minimum of 5 years post-admission experience is required, gained at a well-regarded law firm. Prior in-house experience is highly desirable.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills.
- Quality experience (in private practice and in-house).
- Clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent ability to prioritise workflows and to drive projects forward collaboratively.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.