Sydney, New South Wales
9 months ago
An opportunity to join a large, global construction company working on nation building projects within a high performing legal team environment. The business operates across Australia, NZ and globally.
An opportunity to join the in-house legal team of this leading international business with great offices in Sydney. Our client is looking for a construction lawyer to support a range of key stakeholders across this enterprising business.
We are looking for a construction lawyer with a minimum of 6 years post-admission experience with a mix of front end and construction litigation matters across large projects including major civil, building and renewable energy projects including front end tender reviews and contract negotiations. Ideally, with private practice and in-house exposure.
You will provide legal support to our project and commercial teams across the business operating in Australia on a range of activities including contract and operational advice and correspondence, formulating and drafting commercial solutions with the project and commercial teams and, where necessary, dispute avoidance and management.
- Responsibility for all major construction matters in the Australian market.
- An ability to understand the bigger picture and to prioritise multiple tasks arising across multiple business lines and provide pragmatic and timely legal advice within a complex commercial and operational setting.
- An understanding of issues relevant to construction, including construction and engineering processes, WH&S, insurances and the ability to influence key stakeholders in the business.
- Familiarity with building, infrastructure and renewable energy markets in Australia (property experience advantageous).
- Alignment with our corporate commitments to health & safety, innovation and quality.
- A construction lawyer with at least 6 years' experience.
- A mix of front end and back end experience.
- Demonstrable experience in construction contractual matters, project advice and dispute resolution, preferably including familiarity with security of payment processes.
- An ability to think and communicate calmly and rationally in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills including negotiation and drafting skills.
- Experience of building key relationships.
- A team player that can also work autonomously.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV to email@example.com or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.