9 months ago
A leading organisation is looking for a Commercial Legal Counsel on a 12-month fixed term contract. The role will report into the Director of Legal and Compliance and offers an exciting opportunity to provide commercial and strategic legal advice to all levels of an entrepreneurial and fast-growing business.
The successful candidate will be offered interesting work combined with a great working environment with a strong family feel and plenty of opportunities for development and growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (this list is not exhaustive):
- Taking a leading role in providing data protection advice to the business
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements with clients and suppliers, including IT, marketing, consultancy and outsourcing contracts
- Advising the business about its contractual rights and obligations
- Managing and protecting the company's IP catalogue
- Responding to complex queries from the business, suppliers and customers
- Reviewing and approving advertisements, press-releases and other promotional materials
- Working closely with the Director of Legal and Compliance to provide timely and first-class legal support
- Assisting with litigious matters
- Assisting with company secretarial and governance duties
- Helping to manage the use and cost of external legal counsel
You will have trained and qualified at a Reputable Law firm or In-house organisation and have a minimum of 4 years' PQE. You will have solid experience drafting, amending and reviewing a breadth of commercial contracts. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with a degree of independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture. You must have the flexibility and drive to support a multidisciplinary team with a solutions-based attitude.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.