Legal Counsel (12 month FTC)
A leading international publisher working with well known authors of all genres and connections with leading book retailers.
You will be an integral part of a friendly and dynamic legal team of 4 based in th UK and have the opportunity to manage international legal matters. You will be a key point of contact for Commercial legal matters for the communications and advertising devisions and a key point of contact for data protection matters.
Data protection (40% approx.)
- Support and advise the company on compliance with Data Protection laws
- Keep the company updated on new data protection measures and guidance and provide training to data handling staff.
- Liaise with data protection advisers across the corporate group on intra-group data transfers and data protection issues.
General commercial (40% approx)
- Review, advise on and draft a broad range of commercial contracts across all business divisions (including but not limited to publishing and rights agreements; services agreements; technology contracts and software licenses; and promotional and charity partnership agreements)
- Advise on a range of other commercial issues (including but not limited to copyright issues; prize promotions; advertising law compliance; and social media).
Trade marks (20%)
- Supervise management of the client’s trademark portfolio and act as a liaison between external counsel and internal business stakeholders
Location: Central London
Working arrangements: 2-3 days a week in the office
Start date: Ideal start date of Dec 2023 or Jan 2024 (notice periods of 3 months will still be strongly considered for the right applicants)
Salary: Highly dependent on experience/PQE and the developement required
12 month FTC
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.