5 months ago
A legal career expanding opportunity to join a major global construction and engineering business dedicated to delivering some of the world's most ambitious projects across building, infrastructure and renewable energy markets.
A rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Legal Counsel to work in a major project environment with construction experience. Strong career progression opportunities to join the legal team in Sydney. This international leader is looking for a construction/projects lawyer to support a range of key stakeholders on an array of project work.
You will be a construction/projects lawyer with a mix of strong negotiation and advisory experience, as well dispute resolution experience. You will provide advice and support to relevant senior stakeholders, having gained at least 5 years' experience in a major construction/projects team in a top-tier or mid-tier law firm or an in-house legal environment where you will have been a key point of contact for legal advice on both contentious and non-contentious matters. You will possess the ability to identify business risk in a variety of commercial situations. Your communication skills will be exceptional.
- Management of a variety of disputes within a major project and construction environment.
- Drafting and negotiation of all contract and operational advice and correspondence, formulating and drafting commercial solutions with the project and commercial teams.
- Dispute avoidance and management where required.
- The role will include both back end legal work across a range of major civil, building and renewable energy projects and front end tender reviews and contract negotiations.
- Significant front end and back end experience in the Australian market with a minimum of 5 years post-admission experience.
- A calm, approachable, pragmatic and professional manner.
- Quality experience (in private practice and/or in house).
- An ability to understand the bigger picture and to prioritise and provide pragmatic and timely legal advice.
- Clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills.
- Advanced negotiation and drafting skills.
- An understanding of issues relevant to construction, including construction and engineering processes, WH&S, insurances.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of the The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.