£90000 - £94000 per annum + bonus, benefits, pension
PCH - Data Science_1580141077
2 months ago
My client, a top tier global bank is looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join their team based in Cambridge. Reporting to the Global Head of Advanced Analytics, you will be supervising a team of PHD qualified senior Data Scientists.
- Creative and analytical thought process and aptitude for problem solving;
- At least Post Graduate qualifications (PhD in Physics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, or any other relevant quantitative discipline);
- At least 10 years of post-qualification experience in relevant Analytics field. Knowledge and understanding of financial services preferred and market conduct landscape is preferred;
- Knowledge of statistical and numerical techniques, data manipulation, feature engineering, linear and non-linear regressions, predictive modelling, machine learning (NN, CNN, SVM, Random Forest, Naïve Bayes, KNN, K-means and other Gradient Boosting algos, Image recognition, NLP, sentiment analysis, text abastraction), supervised, un-supervised, reinforced learning and evolutionary algorithms, sentiment analysis and text abstraction tools;
- Strong experience in any of the following: Python, R with relevant ML libraries;
- Strong knowledge of Big Data stack such as Hadoop or Hortonworks, NoSQL (Elastic, MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra), Data ingestion tools (Flume, Kafka, Spark, Sqoop, Storm)
- Project based business knowledge, and awareness of model risk governance;
- This role supports various analytical and highly quantitative projects within regulatory compliance analytics function. The analytics team is involved in providing best-in-class Analytics solutions to the Regulatory Compliance (RC) function across lines of businesses and geographies. The team caters to both strategy and operations aspect of managing regulatory compliance through a combination of the following activities
- Enable Bank to monitor their transaction activity and generate automated alerts for activities that may be unusual and non-compliant with regulatory requirements and internal standards.
- Design, deploy, monitor and maintain models in various scenarios for various market conduct surveillance activities
- Support RC teams globally with analytical solutions for increased efficiency and operational effectiveness through models, scorecards and data attestation frameworks
- Define Compliance Metrics and Design / Deploy predictive MI dashboards to provide insight into system / process performance
- Support bank-wide Model Risk Governance framework
- Support proof-of-concept (PoC) and proof-of-value (PoV) evaluations
- Develop solutions using various analytical techniques (specifically Machine Learning (ML)) for the Market Conduct predictive analytics activities through involvement in any or all of the following activities
- Engage with various stakeholders within wider Global Analytics function and provide technical (ML) leadership.
- Gather business requirements from senior stakeholder and translate their business brief into technical solution design
- Design detailed end-to-end ML solution architecture and associated business processes of their implementation
- Develop product backlog in consultation with senior data scientists and provide technical guidance to the development team to ensure the solution meets business brief
- Create agile delivery plan focussed at development of essential PoC features within strict time frame
- Develop solution deployment strategy and provide framework for change management
- Design of predictive analytics strategies and models, their prototyping and implementation
- Develop advanced machine learning capabilities to codify human decisioning
- Develop big data analytics and other infrastructure platforms for solution design
- Data Quality Analysis, Segmentation , Threshold Setting and Tuning for Surveillance Monitoring
- Trend Analysis and Dashboard Creation based on Visualization techniques
- Data Implementation Checks and Data Quality Assurance
- Development of bespoke solutions and tools to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of surveillance within Regulatory Compliance
- Execute the assigned projects/ analysis as per the agreed timelines and with accuracy and quality.
- Complete analysis as required and document results and formally present findings to management
- Adhere with all the applicable compliance policies (Data security policy, operational risk, Functional manual, Group Compliance Manual, Audit recommendations, Internal Control requirements, relevant regulatory guidelines etc.) and the bank's business standards as applicable.
- Lead projects and initiatives including supervision and mentoring of team members
For more details, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in subject quote "Data Scientist"
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.