Join a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and a clear strategy for its future growth. The firm is committed to providing exceptional standards of service to its clients and, as a result, has become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Lawyer/Senior Associate to join this firm's dispute resolution team in Sydney. The successful candidate will have experience in the management of construction and project litigation ideally in the resources and infrastructure sectors.
The firm's market leading construction dispute resolution practice provides construction law and dispute management advice in relation to all aspects of domestic and international project delivery. The firm regularly assumes a primary advisory role on some of the region's most significant resources and infrastructure projects in mining, LNG, rail and roads.
While this role is based in Sydney, it is expected that the successful candidate will be able to work closely with the broader regional team on resources and infrastructure project disputes and will likely involve opportunities to work on matters in Brisbane, Sydney and Perth, and outside of Australia.
- Advise on the contract management and administration of claims on a significant transport infrastructure PPP.
- Act in Supreme Court proceedings relating to design and construction defect issues for high profile clients.
- Provide counsel in connection with a Project JV on a billion dollar arbitration.
Desired Skills and Experience:
To succeed in this role you will need:
- 3-8 years' experience as a lawyer with construction dispute experience gained within a top-tier firm (or by a combination of top-tier and in-house) preferably within the resources and infrastructure sectors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior drafting ability.
- A commercial approach and an ability to articulate and negotiate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills.
- The ability to be team-focused in providing leadership and mentoring to the juniors in the team whilst also working independently.
- A proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service and, a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships.
Take advantage of the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with some of Australia's leading professionals. You will also have a range of social, sporting and health benefits available to you.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.