City of London, London
Excellent package and benefits
2 months ago
You will ideally be 1-4 PQE, having gained experience of trade finance and/or commodities law, either from a top city law firm, or in-house. You will be joining a growing and dynamic in-house legal team, working closely with the traders and finance department of the oil & gas company, whilst reporting into the GC.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and reviewing daily corporate documents across business and management functions, including but not limited to Board documents, agency agreements, credit support documents, NDAs and a variety of other legal documents.
- Liaising with company secretary and assisting in legal documents archiving.
- Providing legal support to corporate finance function, reviewing and negotiating L/Cs, bank facilities, invoice discounting agreements, supply chain service agreements and other trade finance documents that may arise in course of trading business.
- Advising and liaising with external counsel on legal documents of potential M&A conducted by the Company and its related entities.
- Briefing legal management on major issues and legislative changes within your area and working effectively with related internal or external staff across the business.
You should have the following background:
- Experience of working in the energy sector or commercial bank, along with a proven track record of advising on trade finance projects or agreements.
- If from private practice, ideally spent time on a secondment to a trading company, better from energy or corporate finance team.
- Good understanding of energy industry and solid background in a corporate, commercial and/or financing discipline.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.