City of London, London
Excellent package and benefits
7 months ago
You will ideally be 1-4 PQE, having gained experience of trade finance and/or commodities law, either from a top city law firm, or in-house. You will be joining a growing and dynamic in-house legal team, working closely with the traders and finance department of the oil & gas company, whilst reporting into the GC. This role will primarily be accountable for providing commercial legal advice and support to the Corporate Finance function of the business but will also support other members of the Legal team with advice on a diverse range of other legal issues that arise across the trading business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and reviewing corporate documents including board documents, consultancy agreements, trade and credit support documents, NDAs and other miscellaneous commercial contracts
- Providing legal advice and support to the company's treasury and credit teams, reviewing and negotiating L/Cs, guarantees, banking facilities, invoice discounting agreements and other trade finance documents as may arise in the course of trading business and new deal origination
- Liaising with external company secretary and business stakeholders on company secretarial and corporate governance matters.
- Advising on physical oil trading contracts, General Terms & Conditions, storage agreements, charterparties, shipping and demurrage issues.
- Advising the business on the resolution of contentious trading and non-trading issues, claims or enquiries with the support of external counsel where required.
You should have the following background:
- Experience of working in the energy sector or a commercial bank, along with a track record of advising on commodity trading or trade finance agreements.
- If from private practice, at least 3 months spent on secondment to a commodity trading company, bank or an in house corporate/commercial team.
- Good understanding of the energy trading industry and solid background in a corporate, commercial and/or trade financing discipline.
- Knowledge of shipping, Crude oil, products and/or LNG, gas & power trading agreements/Incoterms/General Terms & Conditions would be advantageous.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.