Join one of the world's pre-eminent law firms, with significant depth and range of resources across five continents. As a fully integrated global partnership, the firm prides itself on its approachable, collegial and team-based way of working which combines the firm's global standards with in-depth local expertise.
The firm's lawyers in Australia are renowned for their expertise and cross border experience in helping local and international clients make the most of business opportunities in domestic, Asia Pacific and international markets.
Corporate and M&A Practice
The firm's Corporate and M&A practice is one of the most respected in the world and has a client base that includes many of the world's leading companies, including more than half of the Global Fortune 500 and many of Australia and Asia Pacific's most innovative and successful companies. The team advises clients on public and private M&A, disposals, demergers, joint ventures, funds management, private equity, competition / antitrust law, real estate, foreign investment and on capital markets.
As well as the opportunity to work on exciting and complex matters which frequently headline the financial and business news, this role will afford you the following benefits:
- You will be working with a broad range of clients and the firm's other teams and practice areas, not only in Australia, but across the globe
- Extensive client contact, both as a part of your daily working routine and special opportunities such as providing client training and organizing client seminars
- You will develop an unbeatable multi-disciplinary skill set as well as client facing skills whilst working with some of the best-known market leaders in their respective practice areas
- You will benefit from a comprehensive training program in a broad range of client-focused skills
- A highly competitive base salary, with potential for a significant bonus under the firm's bonus scheme
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have 1-3 years of Corporate and M&A experience with a reputable firm and a strong academic record
- Be enthusiastic, emotionally intelligent and demonstrate a keen interest in clients' businesses
- Produce innovative and commercial solutions for clients
- Pro-actively identify issues and be able to work with clients in solving them
- Engender confidence in clients and collaborate with them
- Understand how to deliver a transaction to clients that meets their objective in a time critical manner
- Demonstrate excellent managerial skills for client relationships and the ability to deepen and enhance existing relationships
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.