IP Litigation Associate
We are currently looking to recruit a 1-4 yrs PQE Intellectual Property lawyer (Irish qualified) to join Pinsent Masons’ Intellectual Property team in our Dublin office, which will include work on patent and soft IP litigation.
This is an exciting role sitting in one of Ireland’s leading and dedicated IP practices. There are outstanding career opportunities for the successful candidate in a supportive, friendly and collegiate team. You will be central to the IP team in Dublin but also immersed in the firm’s pan European IP practice which is one of the largest and most successful IP teams in Europe. You will get opportunities to work on cross jurisdictional matters, business development initiatives and training. This is a unique and unrivalled role in the Dublin market.
Our European IP practice group advises on contentious and non-contentious matters for IP clients as well as servicing clients of the wider firm. The work includes advising clients on freedom to operate, strategic business critical litigation, managing their intellectual property and optimising their returns and investment. We work with clients across a range of sectors including life sciences, blue chip technology, manufacturing, and retail. Our work is cutting edge and precedent setting.
This role will suit an ambitious candidate who wants to develop their skills and expertise in IP litigation within a top tier international firm. Ideal candidates will have experience in intellectual property and particularly in patent litigation in a recognised contentious IP practice. Experience of, or an interest in, data privacy litigation would be an advantage.
Key characteristics of the candidate we are looking for
- Strong academic background, excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Experience of IP litigation, gained in leading private practice firm;
- Enthusiastic, friendly and a team player;
- Self starter, commercially aware and client focused;
- Enthusiastic to develop business development skills;
- Interested in working in an international practice and building relationships with your international colleagues in Pinsent Masons.
The role is wide-ranging, and will include:
- working on precedent setting patent litigation and related advisory work
- working on IP disputes including trade mark infringement, passing-off, breach of confidential information and design right infringement
- working on a team to deliver results for clients on their IP and litigation needs;
- working closely with colleagues in other jurisdictions on pan-European IP litigation;
- developing ongoing relationships with our existing client base as well as involvement in identifying and pitching for new opportunities;
- working with other teams such as corporate, commercial & technology, data privacy and employment on sector specific matters;
- taking an active role and working with colleagues from all of our offices in our sector-focused campaigns, thought leadership programmes and cross office training.
What will we offer you?
- Our IP team works for a variety of high profile clients across a number of different sectors. We operate as a national team within the firm and there is scope and opportunity to work with lawyers and for clients across all of our UK and International offices.
- The team is committed to technical excellence, quality and outstanding client service and your continued development and learning will be our priority.
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first-class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver “best in class” services.
Pinsent Masons is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. The firm has been recognised as a leading lesbian, gay, bi and trans employer by LGBT charity Stonewall in its Top Global Employers Index 2020 for the fifth consecutive year. Please click here to view full list of our global awards and nominations – www.pinsentmasons.com/accolades
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.