3 months ago
An TV/fim network is currently seeking a lawyer to join it's legal team to advise on commercial, IP, and litigation matters.
The successful candidate will be an important member of the Group Legal Affairs team and will work closely with colleagues across the Legal and Business Affairs teams. It is responsible for the provision of expert proactive, tactical and strategic business and legal affairs advice on legal disputes and contentious matters across all aspects of operations within the organisation.
Some of the Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing contentious legal matters (pre-action and litigation), including Commercial disputes, IT outsourcing and project disputes, IP licence disputes, contractual copyright disputes, confidentiality disputes, digital media disputes, and corporate disputes.
- Providing expert legal advice to senior management on matters with the potential for significant financial, operational and/or reputational impact on the Group.
- Proactively manage external law firms instructed in relation to litigation matters and manage the relationships in a cost effective manner including setting overall strategy and deciding on tactics.
- Act as a business and legal affairs partner in commercial deals across the broad spectrum of business.
- Working with stakeholders from across the business (e.g. Data Protection, Procurement, HR, Regulatory Affairs, Insurance, Tax and other Legal & Business Affairs teams) to draft, negotiate and advise on a range of commercial agreements.
You ideally would have trained at a city law firm and have a strong background in IP, as well as experience of advising on contentious matters. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to broaden out their experience within an exciting and dynamic sector.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.