IP, 2-6 PQE
Our market-leading IP Litigation group in London represents a wide range of blue chip clients, spanning the life sciences, high-tech, media, consumer goods and financial services sectors. With deep expertise in life sciences patent litigation, technology patent disputes (including SEP and FRAND disputes), brands, designs and copyright litigation, as well as licensing and trade secrets disputes, we have acted on many of the leading IP cases in the UK in recent years.
As a full-service, global firm, we are also able to offer our clients a joined-up, strategic approach to multi-jurisdictional disputes, bringing together leading expertise from multiple geographies and practice areas. We regularly advise on pan-European and global disputes, meaning that our lawyers are constantly exposed to their international colleagues, working closely with disputes teams around our network to deliver the best results for our clients.
We currently have over 160 dedicated intellectual property lawyers across our offices in Europe, Asia Pacific and the US, with a wealth of experience across both contentious and transactional IP. Further, you would be joining us at an exciting time for our IP practice, with significant expansion taking place as we solidify our position as the leading global IP disputes practice. Having recently announced significant partner hires in Northern California, Washington DC, New York and Boston, you will quickly have the opportunity to work with our global team on market-leading cases.
Based on pending and anticipated case load over the coming years, we are looking for individuals with 2 or more years’ experience in IP litigation, with a focus on patent litigation (either in the technology or life sciences sectors, or both). Experience of other areas of contentious intellectual property (eg trade secrets, brands) would be a bonus, but is not essential. If you have the desire to master your IP litigation skills in a leading international practice, this is the opportunity for you.
- Partners, Associates and the wider IP litigation team in London and globally
- Business Development teams
- Professional Support Lawyers
Role and responsibilities
- Working with experts and witnesses on reports & evidence.
- Drafting, reviewing and amending inter-solicitors correspondence, expert reports, advice, etc
- Case management, including liaising with clients, witnesses, barristers and internally, working to deadlines.
- Business development and profile raising, including via client seminars, pitches, client alerts, publications, etc.
- Contribution to group know-how & active participation in training sessions
- Legal research and advice
- 2 PQE+ qualified lawyer with a solid knowledge and understanding of patent litigation, including procedural and strategic aspects, case analysis, timelines, expert selection and evidence and trial preparation
- Experience across some or all of the following areas:
- Technology, SEP and FRAND disputes and strategy
- Innovator vs generic/biosimilar launch and litigation scenarios
- Biologics or other innovator/innovator disputes in the life sciences sector
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative team player
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.