Investment Funds - Senior Associate
Our client is a global law firm. A new opportunity now exists for a lawyer with 5+ years of experience to join the Melbourne office.
The investment funds team works across the full spectrum of funds work. They cover unlisted and listed, wholesale and retail funds across a range of asset classes including equities, real estate, infrastructure, credit and private equity.
The Melbourne team is headed up by two partners, and you would work across both. This will ensure varied and consistent work available to you.
As Senior Associate in the team, you will be a key part of the practice in the Melbourne office. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Advising leading Australian and global fund managers in establishing new Australian funds, raising capital and operating funds in Australia.
- Advising leading Australian and global institutional investors in relation to their direct and indirect investments across a range of traditional and emerging asset classes.
- Advising on financial services regulatory issues relevant to fund managers and investors.
You will have specific experience and interest in the funds space. Ideally, you will have worked in the funds practice of a well-regarded practice for at least five years.
You will also bring with you:
- A strong academic background.
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
Remuneration and benefits
Should you be successful, you should anticipate to receive a salary of around $150-175k (depending on experience).
In addition to this, some of the benefits provided include:
- Novated lease options
- Discounted health insurance and travel insurance
- Gym membership
- Priority access to childcare
- Flexible leave options
- Learning and development programs
- Study leave and support
- Secondment opportunities
- 18 weeks paid parental leave and temporary break from billable expectations upon returning to work
- Pro bono, charity and community activities
If you could see yourself in this position, or would like to learn more about it, please apply or get in touch with Geoff Denton (email@example.com). Geoff is a former lawyer, experienced consultant and leads our Melbourne business.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of the The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.