about 2 months ago
An opportunity to work in a busy and dynamic Legal team within a FTSE 100 technology company, reporting directly to a member of the Executive Team.
The role covers a number of areas across the legal compliance, corporate and commercial space. The work will be varied and will involve working closely with a number of stakeholders across the globe, including colleagues within the Legal, Ethics & Compliance, Risk, Finance and Sales functions. The role is for a fixed term of 12 months as maternity leave cover.
Under the direction of the EVP Deputy General Counsel, provide high quality legal advice in a leadership context across compliance, corporate and commercial areas.
- Responsible for managing the company's legal compliance programme, providing risk-based advice both from a long-term strategic perspective and in managing day-to-day escalations.
- Work closely with the company's Business Integrity (ethics & compliance) team to design and update core compliance policies (such as Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Sanctions and Competition Law) and oversee the implementation of controls and procedures to ensure effective embedding of the policies within the business.
- Work closely with Regional Legal Directors in assisting with legal compliance needs in the company's various geographies across the globe.
- Design and deliver training to business colleagues, in a way that adequately addresses legal risk but is also accessible, pragmatic and easy for colleagues to understand and follow.
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders in order to effectively influence in areas of compliance risk and provide legal advice which is appropriate for the commercial context.
- Deal effectively with ad hoc compliance issues as they arise, escalating and involving other stakeholders as appropriate. Corporate/commercial
- Take the lead legal role in assisting with strategic projects, including third party financing (loan agreements, debt security issuances, etc.), capital returns, intragroup re-organisations and intragroup agreements.
- Work closely with the Tax, Treasury, Company Secretariat, Commercial Legal and Corporate Legal teams in assisting with general corporate and finance issues.
- Proactively assist in the development and effective management of relationships with all parts of the business so that the Legal function maintains a reputation as an approachable and collaborative professional team delivering high quality advice and support.
- Identify and pursue new ways of working and opportunities to improve the company's approach and ability to manage legal and compliance risk.
- Exercise appropriate cost management and control (in particular when managing relationships with external counsel).
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders and wider business colleagues and pro-actively assist with the elimination of inefficiencies.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.