Interim Legal Counsel – Transport
Purpose of the Role
To support the Head of Legal & Contracts (acting) in addressing the UK HQ and divisional-wide legal needs of the business. This is a much broader business legal role than typical for a legal counsel reflecting the innovative multi-disciplinary approach of the business.
Although currently envisaged to be for a fixed 12 months’ maternity cover, there is the strong likelihood the role will become permanent as the business continues to grow.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
- Support the business in addressing its legal needs across a spectrum of legal areas including construction, corporate, commercial, and procurement.
- As a Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for the delivery of commercially focused, legal advice and support to the business.
- Managing disputes.
- Dealing with acquisitions and disposals.
- Assisting in delivering or facilitating training within the Procurement Team and, where appropriate, across the business.
- Involvement in Data Protection and liaising with Company Data Protection Officer.
- Reviewing, drafting and amending various policies and standard form contracts from time to time.
- Assisting with the legal training and development of the Legal Advisor & Contracts Manager and the Legal Operations & Insurance Manager.
- Ability to identify risk from both a commercial and legal perspective and assist with finding creative solutions.
- Strong ability to communicate and to balance, prioritise and manage a diverse and time challenged workload.
- Experience of the infrastructure or construction sector is advantageous.
- Ideal for those looking to make the move from private practice to in-house.
If you’re interested in this role, please apply.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.