6 months ago
I'm working with a leading media and entertainment company in their recruitment for a lawyer to join their high performing legal team on a 12 month contract, covering maternity leave.
Essential functions (responsibilities)
This is a role in their legal team providing advice and support to various parts of our business. Key role responsibilities include the following.
- Day to day negotiation and drafting of channel carriage agreements, amendments and related channels contracting work;
- Negotiation and drafting of advertising, sponsorship and client partnership agreements as required;
- Negotiation and drafting of technology agreements and advising on consumer law matters as required;
- Legal research and general legal and business affairs advice on range of matters relating to channel distribution in multiple jurisdictions across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia;
- Providing day-to-day interface with commercial teams as required to ensure clear communication and proactive management of open matters;
- Advising finance, billing and technical teams on contractual rights and obligations;
- Working as directed or supervised by, and attending regular catch-up meetings with, the Director and keeping him/her fully apprised of current work, updates and priorities;
- Management of legal intern, depending on experience;
- Identifying and responding promptly to allocated clients' legal and business affairs needs; and
- Other tasks as may be requested.
Qualifications and requirements
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Post-qualification experience in drafting and negotiating commercial/IP contracts essential, ideally in a media context
- Experience in drafting and negotiation of channel carriage, distribution and/or ad sales contracts highly advantageous but not essential
- Ability to cope with high volume workload under time pressure, to work independently where required and to a high professional standard
- Excellent drafting and communication skills; accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Flexibility and good interpersonal skills, with proactive can-do approach and ability to work as part of a team across business areas
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.