Insurance/Reinsurance Associate – 6m FTC
Solicitor / Associate – Insurance & Reinsurance (Contentious) – 6-Month Fixed-Term Contract
Are you a Litigation Solicitor with at least 4 years of PQE with knowledge and passion for insurance and reinsurance law available on short notice? Our client, a renowned international law firm, is seeking an experienced professional from a disputes background to join their dynamic team in London on a 6-month fixed-term contract. As a leading insurance and reinsurance law firm headquartered in Central London, our client is dedicated to delivering top-tier advisory and dispute resolution services to insurers and clients across the UK and global markets.
Our client stands as a market-leading insurance and reinsurance law firm globally. Ranked highly in legal directories, our client is recognised for its thorough and innovative client service and delivery of exceptional results.
In this role, you will operate within a diverse legal landscape, collaborating closely with a highly-regarded Legal Director in the Insurance and Reinsurance disputes team. You will handle contentious matters with a global perspective, navigating complex claims, arbitration, and cross-border intricacies.
The role encompasses advising on policy wordings, product development, and engaging in alternative dispute resolution. The successful candidate will play a key part in advising on policy wording issues, product development, funding options, and recoveries, working closely with global teams to ensure clients receive comprehensive legal support.
- Handle D&O and financial services matters, including arbitration and cross-border cases.
- Manage financial institutions and D&O claims, including Bankers Blanket Bond and Civil Liability claims.
- Contribute to catastrophe claims, particularly class action claims, and financial product misselling claims.
- Advise on international reinsurance disputes and draft insurance and reinsurance wordings.
- Offer expertise on climate-related liability and regulation, particularly in relation to insurers and other stakeholders.
- Resolve energy and marine insurance disputes, with a focus on construction all-risks, professional indemnity, reinsurance, political risks, and general coverage disputes.
- Advise on commercial disputes, including those arising from joint ventures, bond issues, and shareholder disputes.
- Navigate (re)insurance coverage disputes, with a focus on complex reinsurance matters involving multiple parties and jurisdictions.
- Act for both cedents and reinsurers on common and uncommon issues arising under facultative and treaty reinsurance.
- Handle disputes related to run-off transactions and insurance-linked securities.
- Provide expert advice on issues under reinsurances governed by English law.
- Offer guidance on English or international reinsurance custom and jurisprudence, particularly where relevant under reinsurances governed by other systems of law.
- Represent global (re)insurance market clients in disputes before the English High Court and Arbitration tribunals
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 4 years PQE in insurance and reinsurance law.
- Proven experience in handling diverse insurance matters, including D&O, financial services, reinsurance disputes, and policy wordings.
- Strong advocacy skills with a track record of successful dispute resolution, specifically covering Insurance and Reinsurance matters.
- International experience, dealing with cross-border complexities and a variety of jurisdictions.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
Our client offers a competitive salary above market rate, reflecting your experience and expertise. Additionally, a comprehensive benefits package awaits the successful candidate.
If you are a dedicated Insurance & Reinsurance Solicitor / Associate seeking a challenging yet rewarding role in a globally acclaimed law firm, we encourage you to apply.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.