This is a unique in-house opportunity for a transactional lawyer to join a high performing and global management consultancy's In-house team. This is an exciting opportunity to join as the first Lawyer in Australia. The General Counsel sits in the United States, and this lawyer will also work closely with the Global Legal team.
You are an ambitious Australian lawyer who has at least 3 years PQE. You have commercial contracts expertise. You may have gained this in a top-tier or international law firm working on Corporate M&A transactions or IT/ Projects documentation, or you may be In-house in a professional or financial services organisation. In either case, you enjoy building client relationships and are not afraid to go out there and build your profile.
- Review, draft and negotiate legal contracts with external clients, including:
- consulting engagement agreements
- confidentiality agreements
- vendor agreements
- alliance agreements
- license agreements
- various other types of agreements
- Communicate your assessment of the legal issues in an agreement to internal clients and/or one of the senior lawyers on the Group Legal team in a clear and concise manner
- Coordinate review and comment by other departments
- Review and prepare RFP documents and contracts
- Support other members of the Global Legal team on special projects
- Qualified lawyer with 3 - 6 years of in-house experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, preferably in servicing global clients or professional service firms preferred
- Good academic background from a leading law school
- Legal qualification and unrestricted practicing certificate
- Highly developed organizational skills and articulate, detail oriented and hard working
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
Should you be interested in discussing this position or discussing your In-house ambitions more generally, please get in touch with Annabelle Crowe at Taylor Root on 03 8610 8400 or on email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.