SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL, ENERGY M&A, ABU DHABI
CLIENT: Our client covers large scale oil and gas projects. They have the need to recruit a new senior lawyer into their downstream business.
ROLE: You will cover a wide spectrum of O&G work, specifically refining, processing, supply, licencing, services and JV's as examples. There will be a large amount of drafting and negotiating, internally at group and subsidiary levels, and also with JV partners internationally. However, a key element of the role is that you will take an instrumental lead on large M&A deals, which will help create a template for how the company generally handles large transactional work. This will be a high profile position and influential across the company and its subsidiaries.
CANDIDATE: There are some essential criteria to the role:
- Ideal candidates will have to have trained and qualified at an international law firm, preferably supported by at least some in-house experience on top
- As a senior role this will need 7-15 PQE in O&G and specifically international M&A work
- A more mid level role is also available at a 4-8 PQE level
- Strong exposure to projects, downstream work and international joint ventures will be heavily valued
- It's ok if you don't have specific O&G work but are a strong deal driven lawyer in either corporate or projects
- Current or previous experience in the Middle East is strongly preferred
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.