Head of Structured Products Compliance
We have a current opportunity for a Head of Structured Products and OTC Hedging – Compliance on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London. For further information about this position please apply.
Manage the structured products Compliance Advisory Team to ensure
- They maintain regular ongoing daily engagement with the structured products business groups.
- They appropriately allocate structured products advisory Compliance resource to deliver ongoing compliance support to business, to include team workload and task management.
- The Compliance structured products team reviews and provides advice on specific BAU transactions to include advice to business on the application of global compliance policies, exchange rules and regulations.
- The timely performance of compliance review and approval of new Business initiatives.
- The timely identification of regulatory change affecting the structured products businesses, ensuring appropriate collaboration across all relevant Support Functions and assisting the Business with implementing the new regulation in a robust and controlled manner.
- The Compliance participation in ongoing structured products business governance processes with a particular focus on product manufacture and distribution. In addition, compliance collaboration in development of any new enhanced governance processes.
- The Compliance review of product/service related materials such as marketing materials, presentations and product brochures are in line with regulatory requirements
- The team works with Legal and other Compliance colleagues in the other regions, to advise on and to address any cross-jurisdictional compliance matters.
- Support is provided to Compliance Assurance colleagues through the completion of the annual Compliance Risk Assessment Process for the Solutions business and execution of assurance activities as they relate to the structured products business.
The Head of Structured Products Advisory shall
- Develop and maintain regular engagement with Senior solutions stakeholders including representing Compliance at Solutions Business Senior Management meetings. Ensure that the appropriate conduct lens is utlised and that good customer outcomes remains at the centre of business activities.
- Lead with regulatory enquiries as they relate to the structured products business and coordinate responses with input from relevant senior stakeholders. identify regulatory or reputational risks and escalate to structured products management for awareness and resolution.
- Develop and ensure the team deliver a targeted regulatory training plan relevant for the structured products business.
- Design and lead ad-hoc risk-based monitoring reviews as part of the Compliance Assurance Programme to assess regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Be the lead challenge and control function to the structured products Business on compliance related matters including the Business owned Risk & Control Self-Assessment (‘RCSA’).
- Provide Compliance assistance in relation to control and regulatory incidents, Internal audits and reviews within the structured products Business.
- Provide SME solutions input to Group Policies and Procedures where required.
- Support regulatory investigations into control and regulatory incidents within the Business.
- Proactively manage and identify opportunities to further develop the Compliance structured products team.
- Produce Compliance structured products MI for the relevant committees including the Structured Securities Committee and input into the Compliance report for the Audit and Compliance Committee (‘ACC’).
- Coach, manage and develop members of the Structured products Compliance Advisory team to ensure continuous development with succession planning in mind.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements under the FCA.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- At all times complying with the FCA’s Code of Conduct.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility.
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required.
- To escalate risk events immediately.
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.