5 months ago
My client a well known known UK plc is looking to recruit a Head of Privacy and Group Data Protection Officer to lead and manage the team and function. Reporting to the Group GC this integral role will cover 3 main business divisions within the Group (Insurance, Travel / Retail and B2B services).
This Leadership role within the Group will be responsible for setting and defining policies and ensuring compliance with UK and EU (GDPR) regulations.
Role and responsibilities
- Advise the business on data protection laws, regulations and compliance
- Lead the implementation in of privacy initiatives and projects that apply to the business
- Develop and administer privacy policies and programs; provide advice, guidance and enterprise procedures on the interpretation of privacy requirements and such policies
- Identify new business requirements resulting from new and evolving data protection laws and regulations
- Enable the development of data driven solutions and projects while ensuring compliance with privacy and data protection laws, utilizing privacy by design methodology, and industry best practices
- Review advertising and marketing programs for associated data collection and use practices
- Advise on notification and other obligations in connection with privacy/security incidents
- Assist with the development of privacy awareness and training procedures
- Review and negotiate privacy and data protection terms with clients and vendors
- Monitor and communicate any data protection and privacy developments
- Liaise privacy professionals at peer companies and industry organizations
- Strong knowledge of privacy and data protection laws including EU Data Protection Directive and e-Privacy Directive, GDPR, and ICO regulation
- Familiarity with advertising industry best practices for collection and use of data
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with respect to the needs of the agencies and their objectives while ensuring that the company remains compliant with law and industry standards
- Experience with interactive advertising, marketing and digital technologies, including cookies and other data collection and tracking technologies
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.